Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Jake Owen Nearly Lost His Fingers In The Go-Kart Accident!


Wow it was more serious than he made it out to be when the accident happened! I talked about this story the day Jake tweeted pics of his bandaged hand and now we know the full story!

“The doctor said it was like taking a cinderblock and dropping it on your hand,” he said. “So he had to suture the bones back up to even make it a bone and then put a screw in there to keep it together.”
The accident happened on a race track in North Carolina where he was racing at about 40 miles an hour with his buddies.

Jake said he was in a full racing suit and helmet when he spun and flipped his go-kart coming out of a corner.
“I was like, ‘I’m fine, I’m fine.’ But then I was like, ‘God, my hand hurts.’ Then I looked at my hand and the glove was just disintegrated. After seeing that, I was in shock,” he said.

More: Country Weekly

No comments:

Post a Comment