Friday, August 23, 2013

My Day At The Great Minnesota Get-Together


It's been awhile since I've been to the Minnesota State Fairgrounds for any event, let alone one of the greatest state fairs in the United States. I decided to take the day off and head northwest to meet a good friend of mine and try some of the mouth watering fair foods, enjoy some barley drinks, and of course, people watch!

What is going on here? Well, you figure it out.
Wisconsin cheese curds covered in chocolate and dipped in chocolate, "Choco Cheese Bites". I'm not much of chocolate eater anyway, so I didn't find these very appealing.
The Midway had many cool rides that spin you around, shake you, make you dizzy, etc. This one I like for the name...and graphics.
 This was my favorite food this year at fair, deep fried olives. I love green olives anyway, so why not deep fry them and dip them in a ranch sauce? Delicious! I went back for seconds. The place that sells these also deep fries fruit.
 Plenty of things to look at, including the people. Mullets, muffin-tops, and well, everything else!
 This was a yummy smoothie made with all natural fruit and no dairy products, funny enough sold at the same place that deep fries fruit.
 No free samples, booooo.
 Riding the tram was neat, I was hoping it would take us to the top of a mountain though.
Here's yet another delicious dish at the MN State Fair. There is no lack of food at the fair, that's for sure.
This is where you will find the Choco Cheese Bites, however, much better were the Bull Bites, spicy steak tips.

ENJOY YOUR TIME AT THE FAIR AND TRY SOMETHING NEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment